Canadian Beef Industry Conference – Director
Posted: January 2017
Employment Type: Annual Contract
Compensation: Depends upon skills and experience
Company: Canadian Beef Industry Conference
Location: Flexible, but the vicinity of Calgary, Alberta is preferred
Job Description / Responsibilities
The Canadian Beef Industry Conference is an annual event designed to be the meeting place for the Canadian beef industry. The inaugural event was held in August 2016 in Calgary Alberta and the 2nd annual is slated for August 15th – 17th, 2017 in Calgary.
The Canadian Beef Industry Conference (CBIC) organization is responsible for planning and executing the annual Canadian Beef Industry Conference. CBIC is comprised of four Partner organizations being the Canadian Cattlemen’s Association, Canadian Beef Breeds Council, Beef Cattle Research Council and Canada Beef and is managed by a volunteer Operations Committee. The Operations Committee is led by an Executive and comprised of the Executive plus various subcommittee Chairs.
The Director of CBIC will be responsible for managing the execution of CBIC by working with the Operations Committee and ultimately reporting to the Executive and the Board of CBIC which consists of the CEOs or designees of each Partner organization. Responsibilities of the Director include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and be the staff resource, working primarily with the Operations Committee, to implement functions and projects of the CBIC including both annual conference planning and execution and CBIC organizational management.
- Be the lead contact person for the CBIC organization as well as each annual conference.
- Assist with coordination and transitions between volunteer Operations Committee members to ensure continuity year over year.
- Report on a very regular, daily at times, basis to the Executive.
- Coordinate regular meetings of the Operations Committee and various subcommittees; delivering and/or assisting on action items as directed.
- Coordinate and be the staff resource for annual meetings of the Partners.
- Coordinate and manage official communications of CBIC in conjunction with the responsible subcommittee.
- Undertake or assist with outreach and relationship building efforts with other beef industry stakeholders including conference speakers, sponsors and other participants, and represent the CBIC in a manner befitting the highest levels of professionalism externally.
- Manage the CBIC Website, social media, and other communication tools.
- Ensure a high level of administrative professionalism in the organization, including the management of finances; ensuring timely and accurate reporting to Partners.
- Prepare, in conjunction with the Executive, a report following each conference for the Partners and other stakeholders as appropriate.
- Provide periodic accounting reports to Operations Committee Executive and the Partners.
- Coordinate the development and management of the budget for CBIC on a yearly basis.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Candidate will ideally have strong experience working in the beef industry or broader agriculture sector and relationships within the industry.
- Candidate must have demonstrated experience in successful event coordination or project management.
- Candidate must have strategic, political and policy acumen.
- Candidate must be a thoughtful self-starter, collaborative in nature with strong communication skills.
- Candidate must be adept at using technology to host meetings with participants in multiple time zones.
- Candidate must have demonstrated ability to build and maintain successful corporate partnerships.
- A successful candidate will possess strong management and organizational skills, have experience managing meetings, and willingness to work with others to efficiently perform the tasks of the CBIC.
- Occasional business travel required. Extended work hours will be required in preparation for, and execution of, the annual conference.
- Candidate expected to provide own work space and basic office equipment. Travel and non-capital operating expenses will be reimbursed.
Posting shall close January 27, 2017
Please send resumes and/or inquiries by email to Gloria Jewison, CBIC Operations Committee.